Successful real estate agents recognize the power of a positive mindset; without it, even the highest performers can quickly succumb to limiting beliefs and self-sabotage, putting an end to potential opportunities and prospects before they take shape. To mitigate the negative consequences associated with a poor mindset, it’s important to stand guard and actively challenge limiting beliefs, stopping them in their tracks before they begin.
One way to do that is through affirmations.
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are concise, positive, and powerful sentences that aim to tap into the conscious and subconscious mind. Words within an affirmation work together to challenge unhealthy thoughts by bringing positive images to mind, both inspiring and encouraging those who speak, write, or think them to take control of their actions, reactions and habits.
Related Reading: Shift-Proof Your Mindset With Three Important Questions
How to Use Affirmations
To unlock the full benefits behind affirmations, it’s important to practice them daily. For some, that means saying them aloud at the start of the day, and for others, it’s writing them on a notepad prior to a big presentation. Whichever you choose, recognize that consistency enhances the impact. And, while it can feel bizarre to vocalize affirmations out loud, scientific evidence proves they’re effective.
In a study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience by, researchers revealed that regular, self-affirmation activates the centres–ventral striatum (VS) and ventromedial prefrontal cortex (VMPFC) in the brain. In short, these areas are the same that respond to pleasurable experiences like closing the deal or eating your favorite food.
Ready to get started?
Here are 10 affirmations to begin shaping your mindset and business for the better:
- I am smart and successful.
- My clients enjoy working with me
- I am an impactful leader.
- I am worthy of financial security.
- My business is growing and so am I.
- My life is overflowing with opportunities.
- I am turning my expertise into income.
- I will honor my journey and free myself from the expectations of others.
- I am making a positive impact in the lives of others.
- My mistakes do not define me.
Bonus Mindset Resource: BOLD Laws
Powered by KW MAPS Coaching, BOLD: Business Objective, a Life by Design is a transformational program that has helped thousands of real estate agents break through their ceilings of achievement through powerful mindset exercises, language techniques, KW technology adoption, and lead generation activities. As you work to maintain a positive mindset practicing affirmations daily, here are five BOLD laws to help center you. Click here for the full list and accompanying social media graphics.
- Don’t listen to your limiting mindset
- Focus on the plan, not the problem
- Do what you have always done, and you will get what you have always gotten
- Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change
- Be. Do. Achieve