Social media has become one of the most important aspects of a real estate agent’s business for several reasons – it provides instant access to a large pool of potential leads, strengthens your brand recognition, and helps cultivate community. We also know it can be one of the most challenging and overwhelming to maintain without pointed strategies and systems. To help, we’ve outlined best practices, tools, and social post ideas below so you can stay top-of-mind with your SOI throughout the month of November.
The Essentials for Succeeding on Social
1) Stay consistent.
Social media marketing requires consistency in the following areas:
- Posting: Daily posting is important to keep your audience engaged. To ensure you don’t fall behind, Marliese Gowin, Keller Williams’ social media strategist, recommends time blocking 2-3 hours per week and scheduling your posts.
“When posts are scheduled, if you get caught up – an appointment runs long, your kids get sick, or you want to take a vacation – you don’t have to worry about it,” she writes.
- Voice/tone: The way you write to your audience, weaving in key characteristics of your brand personality, makes up your voice and tone. Buffer says it best when describing voice as, “your brand personality described as an adjective (ex: lively, positive, cynical or playful). The tone, a subset of your brand voice, adds flavor to your voice based on factors like audience, situation or channel.” Choose and stick to your route to not jar your audience.
- Visuals: Aesthetically pleasing visuals play a huge role in helping cut through the clutter on social media. Simple tips for implementing visuals into your strategy: choose complementary colors, keep it simple, and understand photo ratios.
2) Participate in social media challenges.
Like consistency, another social media essential is relevance for resonance with your audience. One of the easiest ways to stay relevant and keep your content fresh all month long is by taking on a daily challenge. For November, try letting your followers know what you appreciate most by accepting the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge. From Nov. 1 to Nov. 30, share something that brings a smile to your face each day, and then encourage your friends, family, and clients to do the same.
3) Leverage tools.
Committed to helping agents excel at every turn, Keller Williams released Command. Among its suite of applets are two that make it exponentially easier for KW agents – even those with minimal experience – to master social media:
- Campaigns: Allows agents to set up and schedule posts and ads across all of their channels.
- Designs: Offers a suite of over 1,000 professionally designed templates that can be personalized and paired with posts.
With the foundational elements of social media in hand, it’s time to get posting!
Freshen Up Your Content Calendar
- Nov. 1 – Tell your followers when, where, and how you’ll be showing off some of your hottest properties this month. Your Designs graphics here.
- Nov. 2 – Keep your clients informed about their local real estate market by creating a Neighborhood Update in Designs.
- Nov. 3 – It’s Election Day! Help your clients do their civic duty as safely as possible by sharing the Keller Williams Voter Safety Tips social graphics.
- Nov. 4 – Foster your clients’ real estate aspirations by posting a picture of a local dream home or an amazing living room or kitchen renovation.
- Nov. 5 – Keep the content flowing in a couple of clicks by logging into Command and utilizing one of the premade Quick Posts in Campaigns. The message and images are already provided. All you have to do is pick the one you like best.
- Nov. 6 – Give your audience a mortgage lesson by explaining a term like ARM or Pre-Approval. You can also mention the benefits of working with Keller Mortgage and pairing it up with a graphic from Designs.
- Nov. 7 – It’s all about the details! Share a photo of a unique feature in one of your active or recent listings and tell your audience what makes it so special. For sale graphics, here.
- Nov. 8 – Get things off on a positive note by telling your audience why you love real estate. (Bonus: this also counts as a 30 Days of Thanks post!)
- Nov. 9 – #MondayMotivation is always a great way to engage with your audience! Start the conversation by sharing an uplifting quote, an inspirational story, or a personal goal. We have a full suite for you in Designs.
- Nov. 10 – Just Sold! Make a congratulatory post of clients at their new home or getting their keys. But don’t forget to ask for permission. They may even reshare it! Accompanying graphics, here.
- Nov. 11 – Show off your community expertise by posting about a new business, a hidden park, or some other local insight about your area.
- Nov. 12 – Drum up some referrals or do some recruiting for your real estate team with these templates.
- Nov. 13 – Give your clients some valuable advice, like how, according to HGTV, they can recoup 60%-120% of their kitchen remodel investment. (Hint: Pair that info with a before-and-after photo.)
- Nov. 14 – End the week with a shout-out to one of your favorite local businesses for Small Business Saturday!
- Nov. 15 – Get an aspirational conversation started in your comments section by sharing some of the top items on your to-do list. See your tasks compared to your followers’.
- Nov. 16 – Highlight one of your local partners to share why you refer clients to their business or how they have helped you grow yours. Invite them to do the same.
- Nov. 17 – Tackle homeownership fears head-on with facts, like these.
- Nov. 18 – With three series of Quick Posts to choose from, save yourself some time today by going to Campaigns and launching another one.
- Nov. 19 – #ThrowbackThursday to a memorable story and image of some past clients. Say why you loved working with them or a challenge they overcame with your help.
- Nov. 20 – Give your future clients a glimpse into what it’s like to work with you, starting with three things they should know about you and your business style.
- Nov. 21 – Just Listed! Post a photo and info about your newest listing, like why you love the neighborhood it’s in or what kind of client would be a great fit.
- Nov. 22 – Start Thanksgiving week off strong by sharing about a recent Community Service or Client Event you hosted or participated in.
- Nov. 23 – Make everyone’s mouth water by starting a discussion about favorite Thanksgiving dishes. Don’t forget to include a delectable picture of yours.
- Nov. 24 – Highlight a great Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal on smarthome appliances!
- Nov. 25 – Kitchen check! Help your clients make sure they have everything they need to prepare and enjoy their Thanksgiving Feast.
- Nov. 26 – Use the holiday templates in Designs to wish your audience a very Happy Thanksgiving and remind them how thankful you are for them!
- Nov. 27 – Show your support of a locally-owned business in your area this Black Friday. (Consider encouraging the support of minority-owned business or one related to a home.)
- Nov. 28 – Once everyone wakes up from their turkey hibernation, share some fun and safe weekend activities in your area that they can partake in.
- Nov. 29 – Stat time! Let homeowners near high-frequency public transportation areas know their property values traditionally perform 42% better than in other areas. Source: Center for Neighborhood Technology.
- Nov. 30 – Make the last day of November easier by posting another Quick Post! After all, you have to start planning for December!
We’d Love to Hear From You
As you use our November content calendar, post your progress along with any strategy recommendations in the comment section below.
Thank you for these helpful tips! Can’t wait to share with our agents at our team meetings each week!
So glad you’re finding value in this piece, Meg! Speaking of helpful things to share with agents, have you shared our battle-tested scripts from Mega Camp yet? Check it out below:
7 Battle-Tested Scripts from KW’s ‘Choose Your Script Champion’
I LOVE this! I would love it if there was a way to import it into my Command tasks without having to rewrite the entire list. Is that possible maybe for future?
Hi Kristin! We’re SO glad you found value in this content. That’s a brilliant idea! I’ll pass it onward to the appropriate party 🙂 In the meantime, if you would like to dig further into the social media strategies that are working for agents throughout, check out our collection of articles:
Outfront Social Media Archives
Do you have one for December and January?
Thank you so much for commenting. We do have some exciting content in January, but no calendar yet. However, we’ve seen how valuable this piece has been for y’all, so this isn’t the last time you will see a piece in this format 🙂
In the meantime, have you gotten the chance to dig deeper into our social media library?
Awesome thanks and I will definitely dig deeper in the library!