The first quarter has come to a close and Keller Williams agents have achieved significant growth and technology milestones while topping industry and franchise rankings.
“I’m in awe of what our agents have achieved as they navigate this new normal,” said Gary Keller, co-founder, chairman and CEO, KW. “Our agents are studying their markets, understanding the specific conditions and doubling down on the technology, training and heart needed to serve their clients and communities in this unique moment.”
Technology & Innovation
- On January 1, KW launched a redesigned KW.com, centered on an improved, neighborhood-based home search experience.
- On February 17, Keller Williams released a new consumer KW (Home Search) App.
- In Q1 ’20 alone, 60.0 million home searches were conducted across the KW App, KW.com and market center and agent websites.
- The new home search experience is being continually updated to feature KW’s expanding home-search capabilities, which are featured across KW.com, the KW App, and current website offerings for agents and franchise offices.
- Command made available originally in Q1 ’19, now has 126,827 active users, as of March 31, 2020.
- As of the end of Q1 ’20, agents had added a cumulative 49.9 million contacts in Command.
- In Q1 ’20, 16,569 live referrals were sent within the Keller Cloud, representing $4.5 billion in sales volume.
- Over Q1 ’20, the Campaigns App of Command, a smart ad campaign creation and syndication tool, generated 265,548 leads across Facebook (258,087) and Instagram (7,461) alone.
- As of March 31, agents have created a cumulative 1,262,120 unique designs via Designs, a real estate-centric graphic design app that was released in late Q2 ’19, up 58.6% from Q4 ’19 end.
- As of March 31, agents have run a cumulative 7,997,450 SmartPlans, the automated marketing and task management app with Command. This is up 89.4% from Q4 ’19 end.
- As of the end of Q1 ’20, agents have tracked and managed 1,281,042 pending deals across phases of the sales pipeline (appointment, active, under contract, and closed) in the Opportunities app of Command, up 31.8% from Q4 ’19 end.
- As of March 31, active users of Opportunities hit 82,055, up 21.8% from Q4 ’19 end.
At 169,655 agents strong, Keller Williams is the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count, and No. 1 in closed units and sales volume in the U.S. This stance solidifies as agents continue to deliver world-class, innovative client experiences.
“Our agents are able to provide a consumer experience – from initial consultation to close – that meets clients where they are, safely and conveniently. And, we’re proud of that,” said Keller.
United States and Canada (production in Q1 ’20)
- As of March 31, agents closed 224,759 transactions, up 4.8% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents closed $70.2 billion in sales volume, up 10.6% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents took 169,890 new listings (new market inventory), down 4.0% over Q1 ’19.*
- Agents wrote 274,905 contracts (projected closings), up 2.5% over Q1 ’19.
- Contracts written volume was $86.3 billion, up 7.7% over Q1 ’19.
Keller Williams outpaced the industry in terms of new listings taken; while the franchise was down over Q1 ‘19, according to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the number of active listings in the U.S. at the end of Q1 ’20 was 10.2% lower than the same period in 2019.
Keller Williams Worldwide Momentum (production outside the U.S. and Canada in Q1 ’20.)
- Keller Williams Worldwide (KWW) is home to more than 10,487 international agents and 243 market centers operating outside of the United States and Canada, as of March 31, 2020.
- Agents closed 8,249 transactions in Q1 ’20, up 12.0% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents closed $1.3 billion in sales volume, up 10.8% from Q1 ’19.
- Agents took 22,497 new listings (new market inventory), down 2.2% over Q1 ’19.
- Agents wrote 10,734 contracts (projected closings), up 21.1% over Q1 ’19.
- Contracts written volume was $1.2 billion, up 16.9% over Q1 ’19.
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, KWW regions include: Argentina; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Czech Republic; Dubai, UAE; France; Greater Shanghai, China; Greece; Honduras; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jamaica; Japan; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Mexico; Monaco; Morocco; Nicaragua; Northern Cyprus; Panama; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Slovenia; Southern Africa; Southern Cyprus; Spain; Thailand; Trinidad and Tobago; Turkey; Turks and Caicos; United Kingdom; and Vietnam.
- In January, RISMedia featured CEO Gary Keller and President Josh Team on their list of 2020 Newsmakers.
- In January, Forbes featured KW on its annual list of America’s Best Employers For Diversity.
- In January, Swanepoel ranked Gary Keller and Josh Team in the top 30 on the 2020 Swanepoel Power 200.
- In January, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked KW No. 47 in its annual ranking of the top 500 franchises.
- In February, Franchise Business Review highlighted KW on the Most Innovative Franchises list.
- On March 19, the franchise announced a $20 million investment to reduce coaching costs for agents.
- In March, HousingWire’s annual HW Tech100 recognized Command in its real estate technology winner list.
- In March, seven young Keller Williams professionals joined the 20th anniversary class of REALTOR® Magazine’s “30 Under 30.”
- $18.89 million in profit share distributed to KW associates in the United States and Canada in Q1 ’20.
- $1.38 billion lifetime profit share distributed to KW associates in the United States and Canada.
KW Cares is a 501(c)(3) public charity created to support our associates and their families with hardship as a result of a sudden emergency.
As of March 31, 2020, $40.8 million in grant funding has been distributed to 4,585 deserving recipients.
Founded by Gary Keller in 2015, KWKC is a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit with a belief that the cultivation of a growth mindset and limitless goals needs to begin as early in life as possible. KWKC leverages the success of Keller Williams by bringing the company’s strengths in education and training to the next generation of world leaders in any industry through public events.
- 38 QL events in Q1 ’20.
- 755 lifetime QL events.
- 381 student-attendees completed Quantum Leap in Q1 ’20.
- 8,695 student-attendees completed Quantum Leap since its inception.
- 52 QL instructors taught the program in Q1 ’20.
- 370 QL instructors taught Quantum Leap since KWKC’s inception.
- 27 lifetime scholarships awarded.
- $12,076 raised to go toward QL event scholarships for young adults in Q1 ’20.