Each year on the second Thursday of May, Keller Williams’ associates close their businesses to participate in RED Day, KW’s annual day of service dedicated to renewing, energizing and donating to local communities. The 12-year tradition started by Vice Chairman of the Board Mo Anderson has made an impact in communities across the globe and underscores a mission deeply rooted in creating a “legacy worth leaving.”
On May 14, Keller Williams associates will once again showcase their giving spirit. If you’re participating in your market center’s plans or hosting an activity of your own, here are key details that will help you prep for a safe and memorable day of service.
As you assemble your project this year, it is imperative you make safety your number one priority to avoid the spread of COVID-19. There are several ways you can do this.
- Share valuable online content for kids and families. Ideas: Host a day of online learning with presentations from local experts about the housing marketing and budgeting, or live book reading for kids.
- Show gratitude for your community. Idea: Say THANK YOU in a BIG way by coordinating a car caravan complete with signs and red decor. Plan your parade route around nursing homes, hospitals, EMS stations, and more.
- Support local health care heroes, businesses, and food banks. Idea: Host a fundraiser and buy lunch for health care workers or gather donations for your local food bank.
Follow the CDC guidelines. If your project leads you outside the walls of your home for any reason:
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Before Mary 14, share the mission of “giving where you live” for optimal participation and awareness. Contact media outlets, post on your digital channels, and mention your project in conversations with family, friends, community members, and clients.
With every interaction, let your audience know:
- What you will be doing.
- The “why” behind your project.
- How they can participate.
And, on the day of, be LOUD and PROUD! Post on social using the hashtag #KWRedDay or #KWRedDay20 and submit your story to the Outfront team.
Don’t stop serving.
When RED Day concludes, don’t stop serving. Use Nextdoor’s new Help Map feature to show your ongoing dedication to the community by volunteering to help your neighbors in need with grocery shopping, pharmacy pickup, and general phone check-ins.
For additional information and resources, visit the RED Day page on KW Connect.